Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a rapidly evolving situation. Christie Clinic is working with Champaign-Urbana Public Health Department and will continue to follow their guidelines for testing and treatment. Below please find details regarding available appointments, services, visitor policies and Coronavirus testing:
Coronavirus Visitor Policy
In order to protect the health of our communities, and as a safety precaution to prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, we have instituted visitor restrictions in accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Patients being seen at any Christie Clinic location may be accompanied by no more than one adult caretaker. Additional visitors will be asked to return to their car. Some departments may have implemented a zero visitor policy. Please follow instructions given by the department when scheduling your appointment.
Infusion and Oncology Patients: Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our patients and team members, we are only permitting access to the Christie Clinic Infusion Center, Christie Clinic chemotherapy suite and Christie Clinic Radiation Oncology to patients undergoing treatments.
At this time, Christie Clinic does not have the COVID-19 vaccination available for patients.
We are no longer hosting community vaccination clinics. For information or details on a COVID-19 vaccine location near you, please visit https://www.vaccines.gov/
What are the symptoms?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.
Do you think you may have Coronavirus? Take these steps:
If you have Coronavirus symptoms or have been exposed to known Coronavirus case, please call your provider’s office for further instruction.
If you have chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, a severe headache or other potentially life-threatening problems, go to the nearest emergency department or call 911.
For questions, call the Champaign-Urbana Public Health Department COVID-19 HOTLINE: (217) 239-7877
Click here for a list of open convenient care locations for illnesses unrelated to COVID-19.
Christie Clinic providers are now available for preventative care appointments and elective procedures. We have taken precautionary measures to open our doors for non-urgent healthcare concerns. Schedule an appointment today on MyChristie patient portal or call your provider’s office.
Reducing Your Risk
- Follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can view these guidelines online .
- Wash your hands. Stop the spread of disease-causing germs. Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Wear a mask. For more information on how to wear, select, make or wash your mask, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html.
- Avoid touching your face. Keep your hands away from your eyes and nose to prevent the spread of viruses from your hands.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve, rather than your hands.
- Use social distancing.
- Keep your immune system strong. Get enough sleep, eat healthy foods, drink plenty of liquids and stay active.